Monday, November 08, 2004

A Marine in Falluja

It's weird to read accounts like this. If you believe in the War in Iraq, like I do, you also must believe that we ought to give our troops the opportunity to win. I hope what he says is true, that insurgents are staying in the city to fight, rather than fleeing. And if they are fleeing, I hope we are catching them on the way out. With the insurgents there to fight, I hope we crush them decisively, so that they know they lost. That will be either with massive surrender or massive body bags. I honestly don't care either way.

But all of this also poses another question, the question of how to win this war in the long run. I guess the best option is to continue to try to hold elections in Iraq and kill as many terrorists as possible. Does anyone have any better ideas?

No comments: