Friday, November 19, 2004

More on T.O.

I still haven't seen the video. But from everything I've heard this far, it sounds awesome. And it deals with the same thing in my short movie...

CORRECTION: I have now seen the video here at the Dallas Morning News - unfortunately, you need to register, and it's free.

I love T.O. - he pushes buttons and it's always the people who's buttons I like to see pushed. Here is an article.

Of course the whole thing is about race. We objectify black men as overly sexual beings. Bringing that to the forefront of discussion, in a humorous way, I think is a good thing. If something is funny, it's likely touching on something interesting and truthful....and on this subject, about our society. And let's be honest, T.O. is probably hung like a freaking horse - and Tony Dungy ain't. Sorry sucka.

Okay, so the video isn't THAT funny. T.O. is not a great actor, and neither is she, for that matter...BUT, look at what it's doing - it's pointing to synergy and what the networks are selling - Sex with Desparate Housewives and hyper masculinity with NFL football. In many ways, this is a brilliant comment on our society, in the oddest of places, a commerical. But maybe that's what makes it brilliant - what we sell. If for nothing else, this would inferiorate Islamicists - so I say, bring it all on.

No comments: