Thursday, November 11, 2004

This Asshole Doesn't Represent Me

Ted Rall, here's the article.

Money quote:

So our guy lost the election. Why shouldn't those of us on the coasts feel superior? We eat better, travel more, dress better, watch cooler movies, earn better salaries, meet more interesting people, listen to better music and know more about what's going on in the world. If you voted for Bush, we accept that we have to share the country with you. We're adjusting to the possibility that there may be more of you than there are of us. But don't demand our respect. You lost it on November 2.

I'm born, raised, educated in the places he's talking about - surrounded by all these great freaking liberal people and I voted for Kerry and I still think this guy is both an idiot and an asshole and the reason I'm ashamed to be a Democrat. I admit to having some of these sentiments, but I also think they're wrong and elitist. I also admit to having tid bits of homophobia and racism, but also think they're wrong and elitist. I don't espouse and thump my chest over the darker things in my head...I try to be bigger than that. Unfortunately, the Dems are letting shit heads like these speak for us.

No comments: