Monday, November 08, 2004

Bus to School

Yes, I took the bus to school today. It cost $2.50 (no tranfers in LA) and an hour. In that hour, I waited a bunch, drank coffee, and read 40 pages of Robert McNamera's book on living in a nuclear age. If I'm not in a hurry, this isn't a bad way to go - although I'm not convinced that it's cheaper if you already have a car. It's certainly easier in some respects and you gain that hour for reading, although you lose listening to Howard Stern and CDs...unless you have a radio or something, which I don't anymore.

You can get a day pass for $3, which would be worth it if I went both ways.

I would romanticize the experience of riding with all these people and being amongst a different class and so on, but that didn't seem such a big deal either way to me.

Mostly, I hate the waiting at the bus stop.

No comments: