Saturday, December 18, 2004

The Three Movies I Want to See

Are reviewed here. The Aviator, Million Dollar Baby, and Hotel Rwanda. I don't know why, but reading about Scorcese movies bores me. I've seen nearly all his films, and think that perhaps, I've been over-exposed to him...that he's been overhyped in my mind. Everyone thinks he's the greatest living director and all that crap and I haven't been all that impressed with his work in the past seven years or so. I felt like I had seen all I needed to see by the time I was 18 or 19 and had watched Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, the Last Temptation of Christ, and Raging Bull. After that, I haven't felt much, even in re-watching some of his stuff. I liked tha altera-Scorcese films...King of Comedy and The Last Waltz all right, but nothing to get my panties in a knot about.

No comments: