Monday, December 20, 2004

MAJOR UPDATES

To the sidebar, at least. First, I extended my favorite big time blogs to more than the three I had up there, I'm reading a couple more these days. This list could be longer, but I'd like to keep it to a reasonable length...maybe I'll max it out at the top 10 or so, but never more. I think the point of the blogroll, like the blog itself, is to keep it fresh and up-to-date. I can't read more than 10 other blogs a day, anyhow, timewise, so I figure this should be reasonable.

Also, a new section, replacing "Other Interesting Blogs" is "Of Local Interest." These are blogs of people I know personally or sort of personally that would appeal to my community down here in LA. The USC Film blog is run by Helaine Head, a professor at USC whom I've never met, but corresponded over email a little bit. This blog was created for a class, but I'd like to see it take on a more prominant role in the USC student community and perhaps become a source of juicy film school information. It will be my SPO project next semester as a new student worker.

Like a Colon Cleansing is a new blog by my friend Cindy Fang, also known as Fang-bot or Fang-Stein...don't let the name oddly lewd name fool you...Cindy loves colon cleansings...almost at much as Vegas buffets. She also has a great eye, so I expect her blog will include some visually intriguing things as well little pearls of wisdom.

Jared Essig is a friend from college with a deep interest in computer technology, especially in Java and other computer languages and platforms, much of which I do not understand. Jared was the first person whom I knew on a personal level that wanted to get involved with blogging...and his first blog, sadly, went un-updated for over a year. This is his new blog, but the last update was December 7th...the day we will remember in infamy. I hope he continues...we can always expect something interesting and thought-provoking from Jared.

I encourage anyone else thinking of starting a blog to give it a try. I loved writing mine when I knew not a single person was reading it...and I love it even more knowing that people are looking now every day...

No comments: