Friday, December 17, 2004

Tadpole

So upon returning from Vegas, the thought of driving in traffic from East LA to West LA and back to East LA was so undesirable that I convinced Mel to kick it at my house and watch a movie and eat dinner while traffic thinned out on Friday night. We rented Tadpole - a film I had been meaning to see, since it was shot all digitally by Indigent and was supposed to be good...Sundance prizes and all that shit.

Well, it sucked. Royally sucked. The film looked like the scenes I shoot for school - which is essentially what it was. The dialog sucked, the acting sucked, the writing and story sucked, the sound sucked. It just wasn't good. The only thing interesting was the premise and the cast they somehow got. And the film was so damn short. 70 minutes or so. They shot it in 14 days. I would bet that I could make a better film, the only things missing would be the quality of cast.

I like what Indigent is trying to do, still, I just wish they could do it a little better.

No comments: