Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Night of Movies

Some type of summary of the events feels appropriate....first off, anyone who came is cool. People that didn't show, well, they suck my ass (and I may pretend they don't to their faces, but truth be known, they can fucking eat it and like it). Unless they were on a pre-planned vacation, had a family illness, or hate me or movies in general deeply. All of those excuses are legit, the rest, I won't listen to.

It's a nightmare getting the shit ready to project. The whole idea was to have two dvd tapes that just play straight. Then there's export problems that mess up the entire adjusted program...so we have to screen tape by tape.

Then there's the people who don't like the movies. "You must be drunk to like those..." A good sign or bad sign, I'm not sure. I think it might've been someone's parents. If my parents saw these movies, they would have been embarassed to admit they liked them. That's why I love my parents.

The programming was off. Maybe there should have been a brochure. Maybe all the movies should have been under a certain length. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe I should have spent my evening jacking off instead.

I didn't enjoy watching the movies from the projection booth. I couldn't feel the audience. I had no idea the response. I still have no idea what it's like watching these movies in Norris.

Overall, the whole thing didn't go over as big or as well as I anticipated. But the fact is this - we tried to lay down the gauntlet and say, "this is what we like and what we think movies are about." At least we stated an opinion and tried something. We'll learn and someday, hit the whole mother fucking thing on the head.

And then afterwards. The unexplainable. Drunken drama. Followed by watching, peering, cleaning. Followed then by beer pong and undergrads and girls not getting my jokes and guys asking me who I knew in the house and me giving smart ass answers and taco bell.

All in all, an above average evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude. don't be too hard on yourself. Just getting something done is the hardest part. all the other stuff will get better.

I too had high hopes. But, i think what you succeeded with was very important. The next thing, is not to fall off the wagon and figure out what to do next.

I say good job and congratulations. This is a very first, and important, step.