Sunday, January 08, 2006

Looking For Comedy In the Muslim World

I'll see this movie because I support what Brooks is trying to do. I don't have high expectations, however, I have a feeling it'll be a little glossy and safe and cheesy.

To me, however, the biggest tragedy is the Sony Executives who blocked the release of the film because they were worried it would offend Muslims and a fatwa may be issued. How did these people become studio executives? Did someone cut their balls off so their voices wouldn't drop? Jesus Christos.

This is the problem with America, we are so damn afraid of hurting people's feelings, that we consistently take the easy, path of least resistance, rather than actually ever trying to do the right thing, like say, stop genocides or not support dictatorial thugs.

If I were dictator, I would fire the Sony Executive for being too big a pussy to hold his position. What kind of world is it when we dance around the title of a lightweight comedy because we're afraid of some fanatic theatening to cut off a head. I say bring the fucking fatwa!

No comments: