Monday, January 09, 2006

Bitter Bunny

Today, I was at school, the first day back, I felt like I should be happy and nice to people, but instead I was a bitter bunny. I knew I was a bitter bunny when I first entered the elevator and was talking to this guy I marginally know and I start picking a fight with him about being a cinematographer and how USC DP's use too much equipment. I have no idea what prompted this outburst, actually, he said he was DPing a 546 and I said, "Don't use too much equipment," to which he requested an explanation, and I said USC DP's use too much equipment, and he went on about how they are tools, and then I said the New World was shot with a beadboard, he said that probably wasn't true, and I said read American Cinematographer, all the while there are people in the elevator.

What is wrong with me? Then I'm in 551 class and the teachers are saying what a good deal 581 is and how we should take advantage of USC equipment. I was compelled to say that most 581s don't end up using USC equipment, to which they nodded and said, 581 is still a good deal.

Then the professor showed a film clip and asked up what we thought. I raised my hand and said I thought it was propaganda. He disagreed. Several sycophantic students disagreed as well. One guy agreed with me. Communist bastards.

I don't know what it was, but I was an antagonistic mother f---ker today. I think I became uber weird at school because everyone is younger than me, and listening to their stupid movie ideas in 551 and then by writing class (lord, have mercy!) and then the ass kissing. Ughhhh. It all makes me want to puke.

I guess I'm normally kind of an antagonistic m---f-----, but today was a little out of control.

3 comments:

robyn said...

Everyone will start looking older by the end of this week. Eyebags. And listening to people's zygote ideas for scripts is almost always horrible and makes me consider dropping the class so I won't have to hear their stupid ideas get stupidly developed for three and a half months.

That said, you could be like Peter and instead of asking people how their break was, ask if they got laid over break. Loudly. In a very public place.

Anyway, if you were really and truly antagonistic, you would spell swear words out in their entirety. Hope the second day of school is less bunny-like.

Anonymous said...

the insurance and the sag waiver are pretty cool. plus the scoring stage, the mixing facilities, and the option of using the sound stages.

Anonymous said...

It's called PMS, Greg. Eat some chocolate, take a warm bath, and you'll feel better.