Thursday, January 05, 2006

Gotta Give Props When Props Are Due

Over the break I was at a store and found a pair of pants I liked. I purchased them because they were on sale and I really liked touching the material. The problem was, they were too long in the leg.

As I got back to Los Angeles, I was confronted with finding a tailor and was reminded of Cindy's blog entry.

Today, I went in search of this maestro into the back shops of Chinatown, finally finding her, hidden behind loads of cheesy clothes and showed her my pants. I explained, "I want the seam at the bottom the exact same."

She said in broken English, "I have to cut pants."

I said, "I know, but can you make it look the same..."

She nodded and had me try on the pants to get a measurement.

I gave her the pants and she told me to come back in 20 minutes. I though, jeez, only 20 minutes, I expected a day at least. I walked around Chinatown and got a Cha Siu Bao and Sprite.

I came back and she gave me the pants. Perfect seam. Even better than the original. The Italians who made the pants don't have nothing on this women. I figure pants shortening, on the high side, could cost up to $15. She raises her hand, $4. I wish I had more long pants.

2 comments:

Charles said...

This sentence:
The Italians who made the pants don't have nothing on this women.

Is a double negative you illiterate dolt.

Greg said...

As opposed to say "gotta give props where props are due," which is straight outta strunk and white. Just admit you're pissed because the italians couldn't make as good a seam as the vietnamese. First, defeated in pasta sauce, now, clothing quality. What's next - soccer? Ouch.