Tuesday, February 14, 2006

To Be Pissed Or Not To Be Pissed

Thing that pisses me off that should piss me off: Our State Department, press, and President won't stand up and say we stand with the Dutch cartoonists right to offend. This is cowardice and nothing else.

Thing that pisses me off that shouldn't piss me off: The press getting up in arms about Dick Cheney not telling them quickly enough about shooting his hunting partner. This story is funny and that's it. There's no cover up, nothing the American people NEED to know, no grand hidden agenda. The dude shot his friend on accident. He doesn't need to apologize to anyone, except perhaps his friend, but that's between them and has nothing to do with anyone else. I wish the MSM would demand such "accountability" when it comes to freedom of expression being threatened all across the globe over the cartoon affair. But of course not, it's easy to yell at Cheney, but requires some balls to stand up to the Islamic Fascists, posing as sensitive religious figures.

Thing that should piss me off that doesn't: I spent my Valentine's day in a Game Design Workshop playtesting and learning about games with 30 undergrads, mostly all hardcore gamers (nerds), only one of whom is female.

Thing that doesn't piss me off that shouldn't piss me off: The Olympics.

No comments: