Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Am a Communist About Some Things

Despite being generally libertarian, with hints of liberal hawkishness, I do have some communist beliefs.

1. All cheap pens are community property. I believe pens are for sharing because they are so financially cheap and important tools for intellectul advancement.

2. Craft services. Yes, they are for a certain productions and someone is paying for it, but if I'm hungry and there's a big table of snacks, well, I'm swiping some grub.

Today I was presented with a moral dilemma. Due to the evil beauracrats who have banned coffee sales from the carts, I am coffee-less in the AM during my SPO shift. I am forced to opt for latte or other espresso based drinks. As I walk to the Annenberg Cart, there is a big craft service production, with huge vats of Starbucks coffee, muffins, OJ, yogurt. YUM!

The food is for a big conference on poverty. Normally, I would waltz up like I belong, and jack a cup of joe. But there were a lot of people around, I had that moment of hesitation and then thought to myself, "I'm about to steal a cup of coffee from a poverty conference."

No comments: