Monday, February 13, 2006

Actresses

I just watched my favorite short called Lil' Star. The first scene, I was like, "Oh no, this is going to suck, another mock documentary." But then I get going and I can't help but laugh a couple of times and then I start to notice, man, this acting is pretty damn good. I'm surprised by the low quality of the image - obviously DV, maybe even 1 chip. By the end I've laughed pretty hard a couple of times - the movie is about a children's beauty contest and a little girl is walking down the aisle and they say who their favorite actor is and this one little girl's favorite is Webster. I loved it.

Anyhow, I look up one of the actresses because I swore I recognized her from somewhere (like an audition or from school or something) and it turns out this actress was in Roseanne as the neighbor and the Last Boy Scout and a bunch of other things. And I'm thinking - how did this director get this quality of an actress and then I look up the director and she's this child actress as well and then it all makes sense, the child's beauty contest, getting the quality actors, etc. I like these girls attitude, so maybe I'll keep track to see what types of movies they try to make.

No comments: