Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ouch

My head hurts. In the soccer game I just played, I went up for a 1 on 1 with a goalie. Always a painful proposition. I used to not go for these balls because it's almost a no win - rarely do you beat the goalie and often you get clobbered. And I'm not very tall, so it's tough to get up above a goalie's arms. But this play I decided to go for it, it was a tie game, I had hit a couple of sweet headers recently and I thought I had a chance. Anyhow, predictably, I got clobbered by this goalie twice my size. I felt like I got punched in the face, but the adreneline was so high it didn't hurt until right now. Anyhow, this punk ass goalie stands up and walks after me like he just punked my ass and I nearly flew off the handle. What kind of ass freaking nails someone in an easy play for him and a ballsy play by me and acts like he's some sort of tough guy. They guy should've had respect for the play, but nooooo...he acts like he did something tough. I'm yelling, he's yelling, the other team is yelling. The very next play, the ball is bouncing around in the box and they have three guys and me and I got after the ball super hard, pissing all three of them off and the goalie charges after me, just to get a BIG two-fisted shot on me. Luckily I'm falling backwards already as he's trying to punch me and I get my legs up and can push him off me with two legs into his chest.

Then the ref, this fucking idiot, gives me a yellow card because he thinks I'm retaliating for the earlier play. This is insane. A guy comes after me and fails and I get a yellow card. Anyhow, I was so pissed I started mouthing off to the other team how I'm going to score on the butterfingers goalie - and I was sure I was going to do it, and then I didn't and we tied. Bastards.

No comments: