Monday, October 06, 2008

More of Taliban-AQ Split

I started to write a post on economic woes with respect to stock prices dipping, but realized talking about personal finances on a blog probably isn't a good idea. I'll say this - stocks were great investments for the past 60 years because of America's postwar prosperity. It is not clear to me they will be as good investments over the next 30-40 years (my personal time frame) because of increased world competition and over speculation and the fact that EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT. In the past, not so many people were invested in the stock market. Now, everyone has a piece, whether they know it or not...getting financial aid...you're getting a piece of the stock market, getting a 401k, a pension, any of this stuff is stock market based.

In any case, I don't know why the Al Queda - Taliban split/negotiations isn't getting more press or blogging. This seems to me big news. Dan Drenzer has something, but there were only 4 comments. I added a 5th. What the hell? This is important. We're in a war with these guys and everyone is just worried about the election and the economy.

No comments: