Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I Wish I Went to the James Dean Double Feature

Instead of Red Eye and 40 Year Old Virgin....

Red Eye is quite possibly the lamest movie I've seen in a long time. Cillian Murphy is such a creep, he's almost unwatchable on screen. I was laughing at this film during many a moment - and I hate laughing at films. This is the type of film I despised as a youngster because none of the characters behavior makes any sense...it's beyond unbelievable, it is just stupid.

40 Year Old Virgin had some laughs, fer sheeze, but done of belly laughs I was hoping for. None of the male actors were any good and these movies are relying on the men the carry the film. I actually thought most of women did a good job - Catherine Keener can do very little wrong, in my opinion, and some of the other "chicks" were pretty fun to watch....but beyond the funny premise of the movie, not much clicked.

Thank god for the good reviews for the Constant Gardener, which I have a twinge feeling will disappoint me...

No comments: