Sunday, August 28, 2005

America, Fuck Yeah

Read it and weep.

CLARIFICATION: I guess the fundamental reason for writing a blog is to communicate and in that respect, sometimes I fail, but I think there is also space for capturing an attitude...so with respect to whether I "agree" with Hitchens...fuck yeah, I agree with Hitchens, I think his writing is some of the most thoughtful on the Iraq war. With respect to my own attitude towards it - I agree with it in the same way Trey Parker and Matt Stone agree with their message in Team America - I rally behind America like a sports team follower, which is stupid, patriotic, and probably racist and imperialistic. But so what? I like Howard Stern, who is misogynistic and crude and Eminem who is homophobic and angry. Maybe it's bad taste.

4 comments:

Dan Kauffman said...

I am unclear on your meaning,

By "read it and weep" do you
mean you agree with Hitchens or disagree?

Anonymous said...

Who cares if it's bad taste to some? It's so true that there are accomplishments being made from the war.

I am Canadian and I rally behind the best of them: the Treys, Matts, Howards, and Eminem's of this world. The rest of them can kiss my rosy red...

So read it and weep, anti-war fools.

Dan Kauffman said...

LOL I see you have been to my blog you should have seen that we are on the same wave length,

I have quite a few positive things to say about Hitchens in some of my posts.

Dan Kauffman said...

PS I loved Team America