Sunday, August 07, 2005

Great Idea

Man, people do come up with good ideas - I like this a lot, McDonalds pays their high school employees an extra hour of work if they are doing their homework before or after their shift.

To all the McDonalds haters out there, I have a big middle finger for you. I love Mickey-D's and I ain't gonna lie...I don't eat there a lot because, well, isn't it obvious, but for me it's always been a place that excites people - especially kids and provides cheap, tasty food. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I remember being in Korea having eaten only Korean food for weeks, which I really like by the way, it's just constantly eating it grows tiresome. Seeing a McDonalds in Daegu one evening I remember clearly being so happy just to chomp into a familiar Quarter Pounder with Cheese and fries.

I also like this story I heard during the massive heat wave in France two summers ago, when old people were dying because they didn't have air conditioning and it sounded awful, and the McDonalds in Paris were PACKED with people - mostly poor, who could afford the food and went for the air conditioning...I wonder if it saved any lives? Where's the documentary on that?

No comments: