Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Early Flight

I should be asleep because I have an early flight to Boston to see my sister graduate grad school - she beat me to it! But I couldn't help but watch the Celebration again on IFC. Man, what a great movie. There are certain films that make you want to make films - Masculine Feminine the other night, the Celebration, Tarantino's movies. This one made me want to go out to butt fuck no where and make a feature.

The thing about the Celebration is that it could only be made in Europe. It shares traits with a film like Rules of the Game, the servant/aristocrat dynamic, large, wealthy family. American films aren't like that because we don't have that long traditional -- although maybe in the South, but still, it ain't the same thing.

Anyhow, fuck yeah.

No comments: