Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Tuesday's are a Bitch

I hate not blogging, but Tuesday's are rough, working in the AM, interning in the afternoon. I'm not sure what I'll be doing once school starts...my boss at the internship correctly points out it's almost against your interest to work during school since you're spending so much to be there. Weird logic, but I guess it's the same as a bankrupt company operating...

In reading these articles I'm doing for the internship, I came across an interesting book review on a book on Patricia Highsmith. She said something along the lines of, "the public lust for justice bores me...living has never been about justice, so it baffles me why we publicly crave it..."

That's a total paraphrase, she said it much better. My thoughts on a nice day - she's full of shit and making an excuse to behave in her own self interest. My thoughts on a cynical day - she's right and to the extent we feign justice is to the extent we think it works in our benefit to do so.

Ahhh relativism, it makes things so much easier...

No comments: