Friday, August 20, 2004

Fired for Being Gay or For Blogging?

Check out this frigging article in the San Fran chronicle.

Those who know me remotely well right now can see my face getting red with anger about this. The absolute outrage, that someone could be fired for a blog post. What the f****k?

Okay, and being fired for being gay....I make fun of gay people and gay things, but being fired is just plain fucked up and especially in San Francisco and ESPECIALLY a teacher. If they fired all the gay teachers, well, imagine that? Who the hell would teach art and drama? Bad joke. I just need to prove I'm heterosexual.

But seriously, I must have had 4-5 gay teachers growing up and at least 4-5 more in college/grad school - homeroom, math teachers (several), sound profs (gay holman). It never affected me a bit...it was just more thing to either like or dislike about a person. If I liked the teacher, they were cool and different and open minded. If I didn't like him/her, he was a homo on top of being a toolrod.

This is an outrage. Where is Gov'ner McGreevy to stomp on these religious freaks.

No comments: