Friday, December 04, 2009

Up In The Air

A movie made for everyone -- a movie every adult will enjoy. In the tradition of Little Miss Sunshine and Forest Gump...some people hate these kind of movies because, sure, you can't go out on any limbs. But I enjoy them. I'm not a radical. I liked Up in the Air. Really superb female characters. And varied. And George Cloony. Is it just me or are the women just killing it these days? I was watching Mad Men Season 2 and that show just seems to have endlessly good female roles. This got me thinking...why does it seem like women are crushing men all around America today? Isn't college these days like 60-40 female-male? I've heard the recession called the man-cession because of the disproportionately high number of men out out of work vs. women since so many of the job losses are in manufacturing and construction and finance. What is going on? Oh wait, I know, technology is making men totally unnecessary.

No comments: