Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stimulus

A study suggests only 18% of Americans are being helped by the stimulus.

He then goes on to argue that more Americans are being helped by tax cuts going to their paychecks, but actually don't notice the tax cuts because they are coming in small increments. Huh?

I notice the small increments. But although I got a little stimulus earlier in the year, by adding about $25 to each paycheck, it went away awhile ago. I can't remember if it just went away or I did more withholding. Either way, the amount is nominal and does not effect my spending habits.

Of course it helps me to have more money and less of taken by the government. But I don't see it as helping me in the long run, if that just means borrowing from my future tax payments and paying interest on my own money.

No comments: