Thursday, September 21, 2006

Idiot Flypaper

I can't help but think Chavez, Amajina-whatever, and other such critics end up helping Bush. I look at the speeches on TV and angered by how such retards conduct themselves. I guess I shouldn't let it bug me. The history of the 20th century is that of nutjob despots and history teaches us that they go away, sometimes after causing a lot of harm (Hitler/Stalin) and sometimes not so much (Castro/Quadaffi).

But when American "liberals" vocally worry about what Chavez says in front of the UN and say, when Amajina-whatever has a point, and basically start agreeing with part of their message, it makes me think, yeah, I don't trust these guys. And for all of Bush's faults, he's not even partially as worrisome to me, as this weird, anti-West, anti-American, anti-Israel, point of view.

Now to define those I don't trust - the American Left or Global Left, whatever you want to call the people who find it relevant to say on the day after Chavez's speech, "The man has a point, or something about how what Chavez says reflects poorly on Bush."

These people, which include intelligent "liberals" I encounter at USC, somehow got themselves all tied up in an awkward place, where they've begun taking this kook's word as something relevant. They've gotten all turned around.

So I know Nate and Ben are worried about how I'm misrepresenting Liberals, or rather, that I'm quoting someone who is misrepresenting Liberals. But in my observation, the Liberals are misrepresenting themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is only marginally related, but i suppose it's the case that others and liberals themselves misrepresent liberals. the same is true for republicans though; a blog from this morning came to mind as an example "how not to write a blog":

http://environmentalrepublican.blogspot.com/2006/09/california-completely-loses-it.html

and i'm trying to consider whether or not i think all republicans/conservatives use the same way of thinking as this blogger: not making any valid points, not relying on facts, putting business ahead of societal welfare. stereotyping these political designations is an easy trap to fall into, liberal or conservative.