Saturday, September 09, 2006

Crying

The other day I was in Best Buy to purchase the 3rd Season of Arrested Development. I was in a splurging mood, so I decided to make another purchase - either United 93 or Season 2 of the Ali G show. Hmmmm.

A great movie about the biggest event of our times or Season 2 of the Ali G show?

One of the most important movies in the last several years or the Ali G show?

A spectacular work of cinema or the Ali G show?

A great chance to learn from a good filmmaker through the commentary or the Ali G show?

I bought Ali G.

I went home and was watching it with some of my roommates friends last night. Borat going to Mississippi for wine tasting. I cried it was so frustrating and funny. The guy is like a modern day Charlie Chaplin. Seriously. His inability to function in a "normal" way with the physical realities of every day behavior is absolutely hilarious. His ability to stick with the humor is enviable. He never breaks. It's so freaking stupid and endearing. All in one shot. Man.

No comments: