Monday, February 07, 2005

SF Music Scene

What's so funny about this article is that I feel like I know and am a part of everything they are talking about. I remember the old Justice League and their hip hop shows - I saw Mos Def there. And I also know the Justice League was headed down the tubes because San Fran is not a hip hop town. I remember the old Tacquaria they are turning into the Galaxy 12...I remember the crazy guy walking downtown with his signs that the club is named after. I understand completely the sense that all music in SF is either house, cover bands, or top 40 DJs. House is the only interesting music in SF and if it's not your thing, well, there ain't much else.

Went to see DJ Shadow when I was up there last weekend, he even gets a mention in the article. What a douche-bag. He actually played "I love rock and roll." 'Nuff said.

No comments: