Sunday, February 06, 2005

Kids

Working on a 581 thesis film today...craziness. It's a kids movie, Disney-esque, and not my style, but today on set, there were tons of kids ages 4-12. I really liked hanging out with some of them. One set of red-headed brothers were fairly receptive to learning how to throw rocks properly...a 12 year old girl challenged me to a chess - that's right chess - she brought her own set and almost beat me. It was a close game that I finally won. Obviously, I'm not a good chess player, but she's freaking 12 for chrissake. A couple of the other kids were cool. Some weren't so cool. One 4 year old didn't understand sacrasm and got a little upset when I joked with her about having to leave the set because she was smooshing doritos into the ground. Some of the kids were liars - the told me the turtle ate some lettuce and wanted to show me, but it turned out the turtle just walked over the lettuce and it was sitting under him. They remind me of adults, often wanting something to be true so bad that they believe it, even if the evidence supports the other interpretation. I called them on their bullshit. They're also the only reason I'm slightly looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: