Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Film Permits in Other Cities

One of my jobs as a SPO worker is doing work for Joe W...right now we're doing an investigation into how other cities do film permits. To me, this is a ginormous pain in the ass, calling these people and asking inane, unspecific questions about shooting there.

But another thing that makes this whole endeavor seem pointless to me is that it doesn't really apply to LA. These cities have 20-50 student film projects per year, where none of the students spend any money....none of them require police or other fees. At USC and in LA there are thousands of projects each SEMESTER and I can imagine from the EIDC standpoint how much work that creates for them. It's hard to say - well, Seattle doesn't charge for permits...when then shoot like 20 student films a year. We have that easily each week just at USC.

Anyhow, this kind of crap takes a lot of administrative time, and Joe passed it to Christine to do, who has passed it to me. What a crock. I'm billing for this.

No comments: