Thursday, February 10, 2005

Iranian Web Blogger Arrested

And she recounts her story in the LA Times. Farsi is the 3rd most popular language for weblogs after English and Chinese, if my facts are correct...these kooks running Iran can't expect to be able to control that, do they?

Reading this makes me feel nauseous for when clever American's refer to Orwellian behaviour by our government. Doesn't that degrade accounts such as these which are in fact truly Orwellian?

Does it lead to a form of moral bankruptcy that fails to distinguish between a necessary evil (government itself - under which I would include the American government) and unnecessary evil (the Iranian government interrogating a citizen for webloging and forcing her to tell them about having pre-marital sex with her boyfriend).

Man, I wish I kick that interrogaters ass.

No comments: