Friday, February 18, 2005

Girls Suck at Math and Science

Hehehehehe. I know this kicked off a firestorm on my blog a couple weeks back and here it comes up again on Nate's New Blog, which will be added to the blogroll on the left. But the Sullivan quote pretty much sums up my position way more simply and better than I did....

I cannot believe the hysteria. Well, actually, the sad things is I can believe it. But if Summers goes down, the chilling effect on intellectual freedom in this country will be intense. That's what the far left wants - turning universities into propaganda tools rather than centers for genuine intellectual inquiry. The idea of the university, to purloin Newman and Oakeshott, is under attack. This is about far more than university politics. It's about the future of free inquiry.


Ahhh the future of fair inquiry.

No comments: