Friday, October 15, 2004

Team America

Just read a review in LA Times of the new Trey Stone and Matt Parker movie. The reviewer only liked the film so-so, but I have to say, the review had me laughing harder than most movies. I'm seeing it this weekend.

Funny bit: In the movie a bunch of actors are in the Film Actors Guild, aka F.A.G.

He he.

UPDATE: Apparently the calendar section of the LATimes is not free online, whereas the rest of the paper is if you register. I'm starting to get more and more annoyed with the cost and general registration and nit-pickiness for online traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the internet for the vast amount of information I've been able to consume the past couple years, essentially for free - content-wise at least. Sure, I've had to pay for my DSL, etc, but it's surely one of those things that has become worth it.

But increasingly with the whole music piracy, salon.com charging, the LA Times, Wall Street Journal, archive NY Times articles, it's becoming more and more annoying and I only see it getting worse as the capitalists get their hands on the internet.

It's so cheap to get content up on the internet, I just hope we can continue to keep it cheap to view it - not like the Cassette tape to CD fiasco when the production costs went down and the user cost went up.

No comments: