Monday, October 18, 2004

Coke Commerical

My 508 partner and I are putting together a pitch for a coke commercial. The rules: a 50 second PG movie glamorizing the movie going experience. I think they use other terms, but that's the basic set up.

I am beginning to really like the process of putting together a pitch and an idea. I used to hate the idea of having to share your idea before actually making the movie - like it was hard to explain what I was going for. Now, I see it as a testing ground to see if the idea has any substance. I don't think getting chosen or anything is necessarily the marker and sole determinant of whether the idea is any good - but I think the entire process helps to clarify what one is going for.

I also find it refreshing to get away from production itself, which has become so tedious and annoying.

No comments: