Wednesday, October 06, 2004

First Look Sucks Ass

I had a few drinks before heading to First Look this evening...I couldn't drag my ass away from sappy Barney's Beanery with my producing partner to make it to the show. I missed the films I had wanted to check out, some past 546's. I was mildly buzzed and got to see the last three movies, a couple 581s and a 546 about frats. How boring. Anyhow, I fell asleep through the first two films, I couldn't even tell you what they were about and the last one kept me captivatedly angry because it was so LAME. What is the obession with frateraties? Does anyone give a shit about these institutions? This includes the people who belong to them. I don't think they make such a big deal about being a part of one...these film students seem hurt by their very existence and they like to make movies portraying them as these evil bastions of masculinity, when I just see a bunch of awkward, kinda lame dudes masquerading as studs.

No comments: