Thursday, July 29, 2004

How to Meet Men

I hear guys complain plenty about how to meet women, so I'm not really sure if this ends up being mostly the guys fault.  I agree with the procrastination thing...I hate it when people try to plan things out, like dinner, or whatever a week in advance (yes, it's almost always a woman)...or plan something else, like an outing, a month in advance.  It's like, who knows what will be happening then, why not just play it by ear.  Why do we need things planned that far in advance?

Annoying quote, but kinda true "Women are constantly telling people how hard it is to meet a good guy, and they would really like to. That's not what men say to each other. That's not what goes on. They either don't talk, or they grunt, or they talk about sports, or they talk about business, but they don't talk about their longing for a strong relationship. That's not men talk."

I love the way he frames it, portraying women as enlightened, mature beings and men as dumb gorillas.  Men-bashing...it's almost as popular as America-bashing.  Who is this author anyway?  I'm sure he adores his mother and Doris Day. 

No comments: