Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I'm sort of becoming political bedfellows with Dennis Miller, although he's majorly pro-Bush.

Here's the money quote, ""\I'm shocked it didn't change everybody as much as it changed me," Miller said at a CNBC news conference about his new show. "In dangerous times, I think this county has to cover it's a**. Simple fact is, I'm of both persuasions. If two gay guys want to get married, I could care less; if some psycho from another country wants to blow up their wedding, I expect my government to kill him preemptively."

He had a preemptive crack ready for those who complain that the war in Iraq is a distraction from the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. "I wish there was a country called al Qaeda and we could have started the war there," Miller said, "but there wasn't. And Hussein and his punk sons were just unlucky enough to draw the Wonka ticket in the a**hole lottery."

Now that's funny....because it's true (you need to say it with the right tonal adjustment....now that's funny (funny-jokey tone)....because it's true (utterly serious)) Get it?

No comments: