Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Dissecting the Left

Check out this post. I don't know if anyone else has noticed lately, but there's certainly been a lot of "as a former liberal" or "ex-liberal", etc, etc, out there in the blogosphere lately. That poll on bloggers the other day showed that 40% of blogger were Dem, 20% Repub, and 10% Libertarian. I wonder if they did some type of liberal, conservative, progressive, type of poll what would show up? I guess the point is, a lot of people who embraced the liberal agenda of the 60s, of Kennedy, LBJ, the party of the Civil Rights movement that became anti-Vietnam are strongly rejecting the current liberal agenda of opposing the war in Iraq.

I wonder where Reagan and Clinton fit in all of this. A lot of liberals hate Reagan, but are these the same liberals who oppose Bush? Most liberals supported Clinton...I guess what I'm trying to define is the "ex-liberal." Are these people anti-Vietnam, pro-Civil Rights, pro-Clinton, pro-choice, fiscally responsible, pro-War in Iraq (as a front on the war on terror)? And are these people re-thinking Reagan? Or did Reagan shift them over?

Hmmmmm

No comments: