Thursday, May 13, 2004

I watched a segment of Letterman just now with John McCain. It was quite amazing, actually, a completely serious and joke-less interview with McCain about the prison abuses. I felt like the issue of the war and the prisoner abuse is really important to Letterman and he was using his position as a talk show host to talk about it and to literally help Americans go through a difficult time. I must admit, I am completely impressed that Letterman would do such a thing, because I think it is a difficult time as an American, how we are to interact with the rest of the world, both our allie and our enemies. I think it is a time to be candid and serious with one another and frankly, I'm happy there are the David Letterman's of the world, willing to talk about what's important, when it's important.

No comments: