Sunday, November 29, 2015

Logging

Book: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by GRRM

A ton of fun for those who like to nerd out on Game of Thrones. The first story is by far the best. But the others are quite good, too. Martin is a terrific storyteller.

Film: Bridge of Spies

I still need to watch the third act, but the first half of the movie is a courtroom drama. Who wants a courtroom drama? I was looking for a spy movie. There's yet to be any intrigue and I'm waiting for a big twist. I guess I should finish the movie before writing about it, but this is a slow, plodding story, more befitting a BBC miniseries than a Spielberg movie. The big U2 crash sequence was cinematically awesome, but I felt no emotion because the character was a nothing to me. It could've just as well happened off screen and it wouldn't have made much difference.

No comments: