Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marin County

Bans tobacco smoke, but allows for marijuana.

Santa Monica has the same laws. I'm from one place and live in the other, and feel basically the same way as this guy:

I happen to loath the smell of tobacco smoke. I’ll do anything to avoid it, and happen to benefit a great deal from the ever-increasing number of non-smoking laws. Having said that, I still find disturbing a mindset that thinks it’s appropriate to dictate to people what they can do in their own homes if they’re unlucky enough to rent, not own.


These laws are a lawsuit waiting to happen. The guys ends the article:

Stories such as this one remind me that one of the best things about leaving liberalism behind is the fact that I no longer have to grapple daily with the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy that is an integral part of the “liberal” mindset.


Indeed.

No comments: