Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Food

This past weekend, I tried several new places to eat. The standout was All About the Bread, a sandwich shop in West Hollywood. They did their homework. It is a mix between Bay Cities and Larchmont Wine and Cheese. Really delicious. I'm not ready to crown them tops or anything, I still prefer Bay Cities, but for the relatively much less wait, and the fact they are new, really damn good. I obviously need to try more sandwiches, including their Italian Godmother style sandwich and the meatball.

Little Dom's in Los Feliz was also very good. Very busy, though. Excellent bartender, made some great cocktails, and dinner was very classic Italian stuff. I ate whitefish piccatta. Delicious. I'd go there often, except that it is all the way across town. Medium price, so really more of a date spot.

Spice Table was a bit of a disappointment. Supposedly one of the best new LA restaurants. I found it middling. Vietnamese/Malaysian type of food, so lots of sharing dishes. We had an 830 reservation and didn't get seated until 850. Annoying. Overpriced wine list. Small portions. Food was good, just nothing spectacular. Parking a pain in the ass around Little Toyko. Just overall, a bit disappointing. I went to an Indonesian place called Simpang Asia the other week in Palms. The price was about 1/3 and the dinner better tasting.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love Little Dom's! I recently tried their famous blueberry ricotta pancakes and they were delish. I could do with a larger portion though. It seems like everything comes out by the single. Want to try Spice Table soon.