Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Google Sucks

Forget all these internet companies. Google is becoming just as bad as facebook. First, this past weekend, it asked me to enter my birthdate so they could better target ads. More info on me out there in the world? No thanks. So I lie and tell them I am a 10 year old girl. They immediately disable my account and force me to enter my credit card information before restoring it. Because I need my email for work, etc, I of course do it. So in an effort to restrict my information on the internet, I end up giving them more. Then, they switch the gmail "look." Why? I'm fine with the look. Just leave it, for godsake. If I want to change it, I'll change it myself. In conjunction with the same bullshit they pulled with blogger a few months back, I've had it with Google. If I find a thing to change to, I'm going to do it. Maybe even set up my own domain. I don't like being beholden to these ridiculous internet companies - I know this free stuff is too good to be true - and it was only a matter of time before they start charging us or stealing our information and selling it. They need to make money somehow - it can't all be speculation.

No comments: