Monday, January 02, 2012

Idiocy

From an article about cool aps.

SproutSocial
Platform: iPhone/Android

What I like best about the new SproutSocial app for iPhone, which ties into the subscription-based SproutSocial service on the Web (sproutsocial.com; $9 a month), is that I can post status updates to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn at the same time. That's a real timesaver, especially from my iPhone. The app does not have the extensive reporting features of the Web version, which shows you daily progress on finding new followers, but can be used to search for posts, read direct messages, and scan other feeds.


I've got a timesaver: don't use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn at all. Look at that magic - I just saved you even more time. The very existence of such an ap is all the proof you need that this stuff is all nonsense, just like the pop up guy that needs to explain the football rules to the average joe watching the game at home. If a guy like me, who has consumed a disgusting amount of football games in my life, doesn't understand the rules properly, there is a good chance there are too many rules and too much of this instant-replay nonsense.

No comments: