Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Maria Shriver

Listening to the radio yesterday, there was a lot of talk about Maria Shriver and Gov'ner Arnold and how sorry people are feeling for Maria. Really? Did I miss something? You marry a powerful man with a womanizing past and then he fathers a child with a house-sitter? Sorry, I don't feel sorry for Maria Shriver. You play with fire, you might get burned. You want to live the high-life, you take a risk and you ought to be prepared for the failures...as well as the successes. So, no, I don't feel sorry for Maria Shriver.

I'm not blaming her for Arnold's actions. But I don't feel sorry for her. On the other hand, I do feel sorry Elizabeth Edwards. She seems like an all around decent person who married a talented guy who let his success go to his head. She had no way of knowing this would happen with a guy like Edwards - when they met - he was a nobody. And I'm sure in part due to their strong marriage was able to rise to heights he never quite imagined. Then she got cancer and he let it go to his head. Terrible. Sad. Tragic. But Maria Shriver...gimme a break...she's a freaking Kennedy and had the pick of the litter and gambled on Arnold and it paid off for awhile. But please don't ask me to give a shit about her.

No comments: