Sunday, May 01, 2011

Ding Dong

The witch is dead.

Awesome.

It is being reported he was killed by a drone in Pakistan. It took longer than I thought it should, but nevertheless, we should give credit where credit is due to the intelligence communities and policies put in place by Bush Admin and continued by Obama Admin in the Af-Pak region to keep the pressure on AQ and Bin Laden and to put time onto our side in the fight against AQ.

UPDATE: Obama just spoke. He wasn't killed by a drone. He was killed by a team of special forces who went in and had a firefight with OBL's people in a mansion in Pakistan. They've been developing an intelligence lead since last August. Nice.

A random contrarian thought - I don't understand why the 9/11 Families get treated as if they are a special class of victim. 9/11 was a national tragedy and although it is felt more immediately by those victims families, I don't understand why whenever any newscaster or politician talks about 9/11, they separate out the families of victims. We don't talk about Vietnam veterans "families" or the families of the victims of Pearl Harbor. I just don't get it...

OTHER THOUGHTS: Is Zawahri the only one left from the brain trust behind the 9/11 attacks? I'd like to see a list of "where they are now" to see how many of men behind 9/11 have been brought to justice. Tick tock, Ayman, tick tock.

UPDATE 2: OBL was in a city of 80-90 thousand people in NW Pakistan hiding in a mansion at the time of his death. Guy on the news theorized the drones were worrying him and drove him from the mountains. He had been there at least since last August.

ABC NEWS: Again with the call in stuff with 9/11 victims families. Who are these people? It's like listening to random neighbors spout off their opinions about stuff. They are incredibly inexpert and shouldn't be treated as if they have special status or perspective.

UPDATE 3: We need a new chant. USA-USA-USA...I don't like it. I've never liked it. When did this develop? How? It is a stupid, aggressive, annoying chant. It makes me think of Sam's Army, the crew of US soccer fans who go around the world proud about our lame-ass soccer team. I don't need to demonstrate my patriotism bonafides, anyone reading this blog is well aware I'm not a self hating liberal. Nevertheless, this USA chant sucks my ass. I hate hearing it. It is the most inelegant dumbass frat-boy noise I can imagine.

1 comment:

Steph! said...

"Nevertheless, this USA chant sucks my ass. I hate hearing it. It is the most inelegant dumbass frat-boy noise I can imagine."

Agreed. By the looks of it, most of the people demonstrating last night in DC were frat boys.

For real though, the college students chanting last night were in elementary school when shit went down. They probably process the circumstances in an entirely different way than the rest of us.

"I don't understand why whenever any newscaster or politician talks about 9/11, they separate out the families of victims. We don't talk about Vietnam veterans "families" or the families of the victims of Pearl Harbor."

It could be because the victims of 9/11 were overwhelmingly civilians.