Sunday, May 01, 2011

Dumb Predictions

I hate making predictions, they always make me look stupid. But here goes since these NBA playoffs are so exciting:

Lakers-Dallas: Lakers in 6. Will enjoy watching this series, but Dallas does not have enough offensive weapons - they are too reliant on Dirk offensively.

Spoiler potential: If Barea plays out of his mind and punishes the Laker PGs or Butler somehow has an effect on the series, maybe Dallas can take to 7 games, but I just can't see them winning when the Lakers have 4 of the best 5 players on the court at all times.

Heat-Celtics: Heat in 6. Like I said before, this series depends on Rondo and whether he can play out of his mind. But what do you think is more likely: Rondo playing out of his mind for 4 games or Wade/Lebron taking turns and winning 2 games each on their own. Plus, Miami has home court advantage and that guy Jones can drill 3s on the home court, giving the Heat 4 offensive weapons and they seem to play tough D as well. Tough to see Boston winning here. Other factor: can Jeff Green provide LeBron relief? He was guarding him when he was in, I think that's why the Celts picked him up. Do you want to be the Celtics when your fate lies in whether Jeff Green can slow down LeBron? Methinks no.

OKC-Memphis. I might just be jumping on the bandwagon here after game 1, but I actually think Memphis is going to win the series in 6 games like they did against the Spurs. OKC has a lot of pieces, but I don't think Westbrook is playing well and I don't think Perkins is playing well and they don't seem to have the playoff toughness to win games in the paint. Perkins is either injured or not mentally into this team like he was with Boston, because I haven't seen him make any plays so far (granted I haven't watch OKC play a lot). Memphis is on tilt, like the SF Giants last year in baseball. Watch out.

Chicago-Atlanta. Chicago in 5. I don't see how Atlanta beats a team with the character Chicago has displayed all year. Only factor: Rose's injury. If it is a problem, Chicago is in trouble.

The winner of Boston-Miami is going to the finals. I don't think Chicago has enough size and scoring punch, especially with Boozer not looking like his normal self. Plus, Rondo will give Rose problems if it is Boston. I think Miami is going to the finals.

I have to bet on the Lakers beating Memphis. I can't picture Memphis beating the Spurs, OKC, and the Lakers. It is too improbable. But I think it takes the Lakers 7 games.

And then, the Heat beat the Lakers in the finals...a well-rested LeBron (because Wade carries them through the East) seizes the throne from a worn-down Kobe.

No comments: