Sunday, October 17, 2010

Not Less Wrong

A French woman rips a burqa off a Muslim women and is unrepentant --

“To me wearing a full veil is an attack on being a woman. As a woman, I felt attacked.” Marlene, whose country has since banned women from wearing a face-covering veil like a burqa or niqab in public, added, “I knew I would crack one day. This whole saga of the burqa was really getting to me.”


Well, she certainly was wrong to do this, but she isn't "more wrong" than anyone claiming offense at the Muhammad cartoons -- or non-Muhammad cartoons.

I think the concern with Muslim feelings, etc, isn't about respect for liberty or rights or anything other than an instinctual fear of picking on the small guy or the minority. The irony, of course, is the Muslim world has not demonstrated any sympathy to minority opinion or rights or the small guy, yet cravenly demands it from the West.

No comments: