Wednesday, August 04, 2010

'Z Logic

I generally remain quiet on the Arizona immigration issue, because, well, I don't live in Arizona and so don't have a huge opinion on the matter. How would I feel if the Federal Government neglected the border and thousands of illegal immigrants were pouring over every day? How would I feel if I were local law enforcement and tasked with dealing with the problem? How would I feel if I tried to fix the problem and then got sued by the Federal Government, criticized by Washington, and lampooned in the NY Times. I suppose I'd feel bad. Or like this guy.

Then again, I don't think of myself as a racist. Which, if I support Arizona's law, I would be. Obviously.

Fact is - I just don't know. I guess the question really comes down to - how big of a problem is illegal immigration? To listen to Democrats, it really isn't a problem at all. To listen to Republicans, the life of the Republic is on the line. I don't know the answer.

No comments: