Monday, October 05, 2009

Wobbly

The discussions on Afghanistan are not exactly comforting.

The Democrats and their cheerleaders in the punditocracy used to scream for President George W. Bush to listen to his generals. Then Bush got better generals, listened to them, and avoided defeat in Iraq. Obama, it seems, is bent on ignoring his generals. If he takes the advice of Joe Biden instead of those expert on counterinsurgency (and with a track record of getting war strategy right), the results may be disastrous not only on the battlefield but also in the court of public opinion.


I suspect Obama's natural grace and popularity in some respect is not helping him perform as a President. Too many people give him a "pass" and the media criticizes him with kid gloves. Not unlike a fighter who fights a series of patsies to get a good record, Obama wasn't appropriately tested before becoming President.

My biggest gripe/concern is this community organizing bs that people bought into. Are you effing kidding me? Is this a real job? We got a community organizer as a the commander in chief of a deeply complex war and frankly, I'm a tad nervous. But yeah, I voted for the guy, so I got only myself to blame.

No comments: