Thursday, October 15, 2009

Social Networking Snobbery

Why did Harvey Weinstein's "Facebook/Myspace for Millionaires" fail?

Well, I can only speak for myself here, but if I were a millionaire (and especially if I were the type of millionaire who only hung out with other millionaires), the last thing I'd be doing with my free time is playing around on a social networking site. I can think of 150 things I'd do before. Here are 13 right off the top of my head -

1. Take Boxing Lessons
2. Learn a Foreign Language
3. Get season tix to the Oakland A's and go to every game
4. Read all the great works of American Literature
5. Go to the World Cup 2010 in South Africa
6. Watch all those HBO mini-series - House of Saddam, John Adams, etc.
7. Go to more plays
8. Go to more concerts
9. Eat at really great restaurants all around LA
10. Buy a ski cabin in Mammoth and go for every other weekend during ski season
11. Make a small independent movie
12. Have more dinner parties
13. Develop my wine and cheese palette

No comments: